Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Card Outtakes 2009













This has become one of my favorite blogs of the year. You know why? Cause it's just who we are. Every year, I try and get a Christmas card photo that captures our family the best. And, I have to say that the Outtakes are far more precious to me than any perfect picture.

It shows off the uncooperativeness of my boys. How.... although, we were trying to get them to sit still and pose, they chose to wrestle and clobber one another. It shows that no matter how many pictures you take, it is difficult to make everyone happy. Since we are dealing with 4 different individuals, it is near impossible to please everyone. It shows a small glimpse of Jeremy and I threatening the boys with everything we could think of to get one HAPPY Christmas photo. From, 'We are going to take a quarter out of your jar' to 'You know that Sunkist I promised you if you behave? Well, I am about to go drink it!!! Now, be still!!!' It shows our new puppy, who, although we would like to pretend is a wonderful addition to our growing family, has been quite the handful.

I suppose if I were to send out one of those Denton Family Newsletters it may sound a little like this....

"We are just a model family. Jadin is like a perfect little angel. He always listens- never disobeys. And that Brody, well, he is just Mr. Photogenic! He loves to sit and just let me snap, snap, snap. And, Jeremy and I.... we are just the perfect parents! We never barter with our kids. I mean, who does that??? We always are filled with patience and kindness 24/7. And we certainly never snap at each other during Christmas photos! God should just go ahead and slap an extra crown on our heads! Lastly, that puppy of ours is like Lassie. He never pees or poops on anything and is just the calmest little thing!!! Oh, don't you want to be us?!?!"

However, the pictures shown would blow my cover. We are real like everyone else. And, I like it like that.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!

3 comments:

  1. love it and i love that you guys are normal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those days. Boy, has it changed! Last year, we got the perfect shot on the first try! Enjoy! Time flies when you're having fun! And the dog pictures.....well, they almost made me change my mind. Zach has been begging for a dog. We've had two and we could not handle either of them. Zach thinks he is more mature now and can take care of the dog. But I know ....I will be the one taking care of the dog. And I don't need anyone else to take care of! Know what I mean??? Keep reminding me of how much work a puppy can be! :)

    ReplyDelete