Thursday, October 13, 2011

An Unexpected Siesta...


This morning was running like any other morning... I showered, read my Bible, made breakfast and then made my rounds to wake up three boys to eat... all by 7am. Then worked on getting them dressed, teeth brushed, hair fixed and loaded the van with lunch boxes and back packs. After I finished my taxi service, I returned home, got Brody and Dallas interested in playing toys, flipped on my worship music and started my chores assigned for the day. I usually am buzzing around like a ninga but today I was kind of lost in thought.

A few weeks back I planned a weekend getaway for my husband and I. Since it had been 2 1/2 years since we've spent a night away from the kids and knowing that time is running short before we will be snowed in with a new baby... I wanted to make it happen. But, if you've ever planned to get away and had to get kids ready to stay with someone else, you KNOW that it takes a lot of effort to make your vacation come to fruition. Not to mention, we had a series of unfortunate events the week before we were to leave, including our boys getting slammed with a stomach bug. So, after one thing an another, we started to wonder if we should take all the hiccups as a sign to simply cancel. And canceling just made sense.

So, as I was mopping the laundry room, I was thinking about my desire to be whisked away for a weekend. As a mom/wife/woman... I felt sucked dry. My job as stay-at-home parent requires me to meet the needs of others from sunup to sundown. The first thing out of their mouth is "What's for breakfast?" and the requests continue all day long. I am not complaining about what I do... but it's a fact that it takes a lot of endurance to be mommy, clean, cook, lay out clothes and pack lunches day in day out. Not to mention- working from home in the evening, trying to be a good wife and being 7 months pregnant.

Right about that time, the song changed on my computer to Kari Jobe's My Beloved. The first words in that song are: You're my beloved, you're my bride... come away with me my love.

And I felt like God spoke to my heart that he was able to whisk me away for a time that would meet my needs and rejuvenate my spirit in a way that the finest hotel could not compare. And I broke. In the next few minutes, I allowed Him to rush in with his sweet love and whisk me away. Although, I cried on and off the rest of the day- I really did feel better.

Remember that you too, are God's beloved. He LOVES you. Simple? Yes. Profound? Yes. Intimate? Very. Boundless? Extremely.

Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between His shoulders. Deuteronomy 33:12

No comments:

Post a Comment