Tuesday, September 21, 2010

From 5 pounds to 5 years...




Jeremy and I had only been married 6 months when we found out I was pregnant with Jadin. After I told Jeremy the news... we slipped into a month-long coma of shock. What about our 5 year plan? How would we be able to afford a baby? Would we still fit in with our childless friends? I remember confessing to a wise friend at work my fears about having a baby and she said, "The one you aren't expecting always turns out to be the valedictorian." And she couldn't have been more right.

At 9:21 on the morning of 9/21, Jadin entered the world at 5lbs 12oz. He was born 4 weeks early due to preeclampsia, but he was perfect. And again, Jeremy and I sat, stunned. But, this time... our surprise came from the overwhelming amount of love we experienced for this 5 pound little boy. All of our anxiety about having a baby walked right out the door with our selfishness and parenthood fit like a glove.

Jadin is nothing short of the valedictorian in our lives. He is a 'first born' through and through and he has such a heart for Jesus. I am blown away by how rich and sweet Jadin has made our lives. He is something special... there is no doubt in my mind about that.

Although it seems like yesterday that Jadin fit into that baseball glove, time has marched on... And today... my baby is 5. I will always remember the day he was born because it changed my life for the better and it has only gotten sweeter.

Happy 5th Birthday to my Jade-bug!

2 comments:

  1. so sweet- HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jadin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable picture of Jadin. He was pre-destined to be an athelete and a Warrior for God.

    ReplyDelete