Friday, January 14, 2011

Overflow


The start to 2011 has been tumultuous for us. My disclaimer in saying this is that I was voted "Most Spirited" when I was a cheerleader and have the plaque to prove it! I tend to be an optimist- the glass is just half full for me- you get the idea. Anyway, the first 14 days of this year have proved to be the most challenging days of my lifetime thus far. I will not attempt to even go in to all the happenings of this year, but I will say we have felt kicked while we were already down... and this is all while feeling closer to God than ever. It's almost as though we can feel the painful growth we are experiencing during these trials.

The other night, I had a dream that one of the toilets in our house overflowed. In my dream, I could not contain the water that was flowing out. Now, while a toilet overflowing is usually not a pleasant thought, the word I kept hearing in my head the next day was: overflow.

As I studied the word the next day I found a verse in Psalm 65:11:

You crown the year with your bounty, and your carts overflow with abundance.

I believe God is going to crown this year with His bounty and there will be an overflow of blessings. Later that day, I came upon the song that is playing and was encouraged to know that God can Turn it Around! If 2011 has shaken you in someway, remember that there is a God who can turn it around and crown the year with His bounty!

4 comments:

  1. I agree, may your life overflow with great things ahead. Praying for you guys and believing with you. Love you very much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our pastor had a word from the LORD that 2011 will be the year of supernatural blessing! I'll agree with that, how 'bout you?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome blog! i believe that God allows us to go through things to build our character in those areas so that He can bless us like crazy in that area! So whatever stress you feel/felt just thank Him for blessing you! Jesus paid for our access to request anything we need - we just have to utilize that privilege! Praying for you that God will knock your cheer socks off :)
    love gina :)

    ReplyDelete