Saturday, January 22, 2011

Wake-Up-Call


A few years back, Jeremy and I implemented a plan to reinstate weekend sleep- we take turns on who gets up with the kids and switch off on who gets Saturday as well. When it's your day to sleep in, you can feel an excitement that starts the night before!!! This morning, it was my turn to get up with the kids. We put them to bed late and I hoped they would sleep late but I had a little anxiety- fearing they would wake before the rooster crowed. Sure enough... I heard loud and louder exit their room before 7 am.

I kept my eyes closed to try and pretend like it wasn't happening. Much to my dismay, I opened my eyes and Brody was standing before me waiting for my eyes to open. As soon as they did, he said, "I berry love you, Mommy." He said it as if he had waited all night to tell me. I scooped him up and reciprocated his 'berry' love. I bounced right out of the bedroom to make homemade sweet potato pancakes- all for 5 little words.

The bible says that the tongue has the power of life and death. We choose whether to build someone up or tear them down. Proverbs 12:25 reads, "Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up." A simple, kind word costs you nothing, and yet you can use it to make a person's day. The power of words is always on the tip of your tongue.

1 comment: