Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Stupid Cart...


I am down to one grocery shopping trip a week. It is a BIG trip but once it's done, it's done. I hit Wal-Mart for the things that are not on sale at Publix because they are slightly cheaper. However, I am starting to wonder if Wal-Mart is worth my sanity!

Brody and I had a short list for Wal-Mart and HIGH hopes to get in and out in a hurry. But, seriously, it's Wal-Mart! It begins when we walk in the door.

The welcome person is busy in conversation with her neighbor from down the street and we wiggle past them to try and get a shopping cart. I set Brody in the cart while I try and separate it from the cart behind it.

I tug.
I pull.
No luck.

I move Brody to the next row of carts. I tug. I pull. I throw my thigh into it with my foot in the air. All the while the welcome lady... "Girl, oh no he didn't!!!!! Naw.... Girl!"

Finally the cart comes slinging loose. Brody and I go flying backwards. Only to discover that the child seat is broken... really broken... and I have to get another cart.

I'm in a sweat. My hair looks mangled. I start over and finally get another cart. Get Brody strapped in. Once we pull out of the dirty carpet zone... I notice that the cart as an extreme pull to the left and with every rotation of the wheels it makes an animal noise. Oh well. I catch everyone’s attention with my noisy cart and they watch as I struggle to fight the cart back to the right.

Brody is screaming. I believe Wal-Mart makes all babies scream. We get our things and get to the 42 lanes in the front to discover that only 1 lane is open. I spend an equal amount of time in line as the rest of my Wal-Mart experience.

There is something about Wal-Mart that makes you think some of the worst thoughts you could possibly think! And I know you know what I'm talking about!!!

Off to Publix where shopping really is a pleasure.

1 comment:

  1. Ash, imreeading this in a Chinese restaurant cracking up. I had to read it to Logan. We are both cracking up! Sooooo true!! You said it well. Funny part is that I ca totally see that happening to you. Keep stories like this one coming...keep it real girl ;). Miss you guys!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete