Saturday, February 27, 2010

Marriage with a Force...

I did not want the month of love to end without sharing something from the heart...

This morning, I woke up early thinking about the word 'force.' God has been using this word lately to describe the relationship that I have with Jeremy. It's a force. What do I mean? Well, I'll explain...

I can't help but think about magnets when it comes to force. I loved playing with them when I was little. I noticed that when magnets are aligned correctly, they create a force that attracts them to connect. However, if you flip one magnet over, you can still feel the force between them but it's a force that is working against the other. The magnets are repelling one another.

Jeremy and I both experience a strong relationship with God individually. We both are putting out a force, which is God flowing through us. However, in order for us to be successful in marriage, we must align so that our forces can connect, creating a strong bond. A force to be reckoned with.

However, if one of us chooses to turn our back on the other, the forces will repel. Even in the simplest ways... like choosing not to communicate during a disagreement, or asserting that MY way is the ONLY way.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 says, "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!"

I feel that Jeremy and I are a force in marriage. We use that force to parent, which creates a united front for our boys. We use that force to work out life’s' busy details so that each day is as productive as possible. And I can see God using us more and more in the future because our force (which is God) is strong and powerful. God has the ability to propel us through life and use us to help others along the way because we are aligned. Imagine how much more we can do together as a force than wasting our energy repelling forces.

I can think of many successful ministries where God has done amazing acts through people. And in most cases, a strong marriage can be found somewhere in the mix. Marriage can be such a force. It's up to you to decide if the force will attract or repel.

No comments:

Post a Comment